In investing, like mountaineering, you need skilled, experienced hands to guide you to your goals.
Deliver What Investors Expect®
After decades of investing for clients as an investment advisor, and helping clients navigate multiple bear markets, BCM’s portfolio manager gained a deep understanding of what investors want and expect.
BCM provides growth strategies engineered to stay invested in growing or sideways markets, and to get defensive in severe corrections or bear markets. We offer multiple rules-based systems that each manage risk in their own way, seeking to Deliver What Investors Expect®
Our national team of regional and internal consultants focus on supporting our clients, providing ongoing communication and taking a consultative approach to help advisors and investors achieve their goals.
Our Take on Volatility
We all know investors don’t like volatility. Successful long-term investing takes place in the middle of the return distribution, and we believe that volatility is a useful tool to help us determine when we are more likely to realize good investment outcomes and less likely to realize bad ones.
A Bit of History:
We started in wealth management, tracing our roots back to 1981. After helping clients through the 2007-2009 financial crisis, there was growing demand for strategies that, in addition to providing growth, had the potential to avoid large portfolio losses like those of the previous 10 years.
In 2009, BCM was created to deliver growth strategies with defensive capabilities to advisors and institutions, seeking to remove emotion from the investment decision making process and provide a smoother ride. We provide solutions designed to improve investors’ experiences and outcomes. Using technology, quantitative research and rules-based processes we seek to remove emotion from investing and provide growth with an emphasis on downside risk management.
We are all human. We all have emotions. Emotions do not belong in the investment decision making process. So we created rules-based processes to make the buy and sell decisions for investors so they don’t have to, seeking to Deliver What Investors Expect®.
A Few Things That Make Us Different:
- We solely invest in long-only ETFs and money market funds, maximizing the transparency of investors’ underlying holdings while working to minimize costs and many tax consequences.
- Investors can opt for diversified, risk appropriate asset allocation strategies or focused, core growth portfolios.
- We are independent and ETF provider agnostic. We seek to find the ETFs we believe to be the best fit for the portfolio, and in the best interest of our investors.
- Our GIPS® verified performance enables investors to make decisions made on real, reliable information.
A further look into our GIPS® verified performance.
- BCM believes independent verification and transparency are critical aspects to having and providing credible, reliable information.
- Two independent firms are used in the preparation and verification of our composites.
- An independent consultant works closely with our compliance team to ensure our GIPS policies, procedures and best practices are consistent with the standards.
- In addition, a second Boston based firm conducts an annual GIPS verification of the performance for eligible BCM strategies.
Access BCM Strategies:
Our strategies are available on the following Third Party Asset Management Platforms (TAMPs). Through these, we are accessible to hundreds of broker dealer clients. We also have connectivity through Charles Schwab via sub-advisory and dual contract arrangements.
If you don’t see your TAMP or broker dealer, fill out this form and we will let you know how to access us!