“You must love what you do, whom you
do it with and whom you do it for.”
– David Haviland, Managing Partner and Portfolio Manager
Director of National Sales
Beaumont Capital Management (BCM) is looking for a Director of National Sales to lead our sales team.
About Beaumont Capital Management (BCM):
BCM is an asset manager that delivers quantitative, rules-based, growth strategies that have the ability to get defensive to financial professionals, institutions and retirement plans. We provide a range of strategies composed of simple, low-cost ETFs as separately managed accounts (SMAs), as part of a unified managed account (UMA) and as sub-advised collective investment funds (CIFs)—all seeking to meet investors’ varying needs and risk tolerances. We focus our business activities and the execution of our strategies on providing both financial and emotional sustainability to advisors and their clients.
We are all human. We all have emotions. Emotions do not belong in the investment decision making process. So we created rules-based processes to power our buy and sell decisions so our clients don’t have to.
At BCM, we pride ourselves on having a highly collaborative, supportive, and client-focused culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. As a boutique firm, we seek to foster an entrepreneurial environment where employees in any role can make an impact and contribute to the growth of the firm.
The Director of Sales will manage and procure a team of sales professionals who will focus on driving net new flows and increasing retention. A solid background in investment wholesaling, sales, training of sales people, creating and managing sales plans, successfully building and managing a territory, and mastery of selling skills is required. This individual will be responsible for a national sales team of 8 externals and 7 internal consultants. The Director of Sales will also be responsible for developing product subject matter experts, directing internal and external wholesaling activities, and coordinating activities with the Director of National Accounts, Director of Marketing and the Portfolio Management team.
- Drive advisor gross and net flows. Ensure that key messaging is conveyed through field visits and advisor meetings. The Director of Sales will be a strategic partner for advisors, TAMPs/BDs, our Regional Consultants as well as our product partners throughout the country.
- Manage individual and team performance on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Create, support and execute the individual territory plans in alignment with the national plan and ensure adoption of the plan by other team leaders. Direct activities of internal and external teams.
- Steward training and coaching programs including presentation skills, closing techniques and general sales best practices to help ensure that only well-trained consultants are representing BCM.
- Identify, qualify and pursue new business prospects (RIA and BD) in conjunction with National Accounts.
- Work with internal and external consultants to close sales, lead regular team sales meetings, instill best practices and deliver ongoing training.
- Master in depth knowledge of the investment and SMA industry, establish complete knowledge of firm’s investment philosophy and portfolio offerings.
- Develop and maintain effective professional relationships with Human Resources, Marketing, Compliance, National Accounts, Data Management and Portfolio Management. Together, the overall customer experience will achieve the customer growth, sales and profit goals for BCM.
- Facilitate the accurate identification and resolution of problems; and participate in and support Company initiatives.
- Travel to and support employees and advisors in the field.
- Comply with all Company policies, federal and state regulations and industry guidelines.
- Ensure that all assigned employees comply with all Company policies, federal and state regulations, and industry guidelines.
- Mastery of applicable software and technology including Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Strong employee selection, training and retention skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and human relations skills
- Effective and innovative problem-solving skills with the ability to make sound decisions
- Collaborative mindset
- Ability to prepare and implement marketing and prospecting plans
- Willingness to travel up to 65% (including overnight)
- Adaptable to manage fast-paced, challenging sales environment
- Accomplished public speaker
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teammates
- B.S./B.A. in Finance, Marketing or related field
- 7-10+ years of wholesaling experience in the Financial Services industry, 3+ years in sales management
- Series 65/66, Series 7 a plus
BCM offers a generous benefit package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, vision, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, paid time off, wellness reimbursement, and tuition reimbursement (must meet eligibility requirements).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.